Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Summer Time Fun Time

This summer we are taking the kids out of daycare to save LOTS of money. I am searching for fun things to do with them to keep them busy so that we don't go crazy. We have lots of trees in our front yard that give us plenty of shade so we won't totally melt in the Florida heat. I have a nice thick outside blanket that I can lay in the grass so Tyler won't have to be confined to a stroller. Hopefully he will start to sit up on his own soon and the fun can really begin. Jerry will be moving the sandbox to a more friendly location. Currently it sits in our backyard, that we never venture into, at the bottom of a hill next to a rotting wood fence with a huge, mean dog on the other side. (Please tell me what he was thinking when he put it there.) Since we now have the indoor grill, it can be moved to the side of the house on the nice concrete slab behind our little gate. Our little Kaitlyn can enjoy her sandbox again and she will be thrilled because playing in the sand and building castles is her favorite thing to do.

We will be doing the standard bubbles, sidewalk chalk, tractor riding and swimming at grandmas and going to the park this summer, but we will also be doing some new stuff too. On those extra hot days, I would like to take them to Bounce U so Kaitlyn can bounce her little heart out in a nice climate controlled environment.

I also found a great idea for a rainbow rice sensory box which I think will be a lot easier to clean up than sand and she can still build her castles and make her shapes. She will also have fun making the colored rice as I totally intend to recruit her in shaking the bags of liquid water color and rice.

She loves to paint these days so I intend on making some cornstarch sidewalk paint so she can go to town painting our driveway. Hopefully this will be less messy than chalk as she tends to write on herself with the chalk but not with paint.

I definitely need more ideas, but I have plenty of time to research toddler friendly summer activities. Four weeks until summer break...can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment