Monday, May 17, 2010

Babies, babies everywhere!

Or so it seems. My cousin, who is a year younger than me, is pregnant with her first child and due at the end of July. My aunt currently living in Australia is pregnant with her second child and is due in November. My husband's cousin's wife (wow, that sounded a little hillbilly) is also pregnant with their first child. I think I also have a friend of a friend who is pregnant not to mention those students that I had not too long ago in the classroom who should be having their babies soon; instead of walking across the stage with their peers.

But I am done with my baby making days. We got lucky and had a girl and a boy and now we are done. Well, my husband is done. He will have the snip, snip this summer and we will be happy with our little family of five. (We always include Peanut in our family number of course.) It's bittersweet to say the least. On the one hand, we just got Tyler to sleep through the ENTIRE night (8-7ish) and Kaitlyn is finally potty trained (no more diapers = $$$$$$ for us) and Tyler is eating solids and Kaitlyn is really becoming a (sassy) little lady. On the other, I really wouldn't mind having another little baby to hold and coo and fuss over. Tyler is still a baby and I can still do all those things with him, and I do on a daily basis, but with every milestone he hits, a little piece of me dies knowing that I'll never be able to see another one of my babies hit those milestones as well. I even cried a little bit when I gave Kelly all Kaitlyn's baby clothes because I know I'll never need those little clothes again. I put all Tyler's newborn and 0-3 month clothes away and am just waiting to see if someone else in the family will need them. *sigh*

So unless someone leaves me a huge inheritance or I win the lottery, two children is all we will be having in this family. Guess I can hold coo and fuss over my future cousins. It's just not as fun and fulfilling as if it is your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment