Sunday, March 25, 2012

Spring Break!

So the major benefit of being a teacher is of course the breaks we get.  We get a week off for spring break, which is the only relief we get second semester.  Things get really crazy second semester with all the testing that we have to do because of No Child Left Behind and all the new EOC's thanks to a certain house bill that got signed in to law last year.  Needless to say the students and teachers are going a little crazy by the time spring break rolls around.

I'm not planning on doing anything this year because the kids will be in daycare since we used all our vacation days in December.  I do want to go to Sea World and pick up my teacher pass and the kids' passes and I think my sister and some of her teacher friends want to go.  She will be able to get a fun pass which is the price of admission but you get to go all you want for the entire year.  It pays for itself the first time you use it's totally worth it.

Jerry left for Canada today and won't be home until Tuesday, so it's a good thing that I am on break.  I don't have to shuffle my kids to my mother's house and have either her or my sister drop the kids off at daycare, I can do it myself.  I can also get a lot of cleaning done that usually gets neglected because I am just so exhausted from work.  Maybe I'll even tackle some freezer cooking, shopping for groceries one day and then doing the prep the next.  I'm really looking forward to sleeping in and actually getting a good nights sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment