Friday, March 30, 2012

Fabric Eggs

So I am in love with these cute little scrappy fabric eggs I made.  I bought these paper mache eggs from Michael's last year after Easter and they were 70% off.  I've been dying to add to my Easter decor around my house and was rummaging through my decoration stash and rediscovered them.  I didn't know what to do with them when I first bought them but got this bright idea to cover them with some scrap fabric.  I absolutely love how they turned out!  I'm thinking of doing more but just using some plastic eggs since I'm out of the paper mache ones.

I just cut some scrap fabric into strips and then modge podged them to the eggs.  My hands got really messy, but it was well worth it.  I did two layers of fabric to make sure I covered the dark brown of the eggs.  I'm pretty addicted and might just have to find some more fabric in my stash to cut up and cover more eggs.

 All four eggs

 Close up

 Another close up

 Their final resting place in an apothecary jar

The "mantel" display

No comments:

Post a Comment