Tuesday, January 3, 2012

2012

Wow, another year over.  I can't believe that it's already 2012, and it's the third day of the new year already!  2011 was a good year with a little heartache mixed in.  I watched my babies turn 1 and 3, welcomed a new family member, lost another, celebrated lots of little birthdays and holidays, kept my coaching position in a new school, traveled a little bit with my husband, and watched my sister graduate from college.  All-in-all a pretty good year.

I'm excited to see what 2012 will bring for my family.  Will we add some more new littles to our already big family?  Will I have to go back into the classroom once this year is over?  How are my babies 2 and 4 already?????  How will my brother do as a starter this year for his college baseball team?  What new things will my children amaze me with?  So many questions just waiting to be answered.

One thing I am committed to continue working on is to better my health.  Jerry and I are going to start the fat flush diet, beginning phase one the middle of this month and then continuing on with phase two until we hit our second goal.  The diet is definitely not something I can do long term, but I am confident it will help propel us to eating better and for Jerry exercising more.  (I already do the couch to 5K program and will run in this year's Turkey Trot.)  I'm ready to detox my body and get  my liver functioning right even if that means I have to torture myself for two weeks.  Two weeks doesn't seem like a long time right now, but I'm sure when I'm having my caffeine withdrawal, it'll feel like an eternity.  It will be worth it though if I reach my first goal.

So, first goal of the fat flush with the two week cleanse is to drop one pant size.  (I'm already there, but I would like to be a little more comfortable in that size.) 
*Reward: Nice pair of blue jeans, not just the cheapy ones I get from Target that never fit right.
The second goal of the fat flush on phase two will to be to drop 40 pounds.  I'll have to stay in phase two until I meet that goal and that may take some time.
*Reward: I think I'll do a reward system with every 10 pounds I drop.
-10 lbs: deluxe pedicure
-20 lbs: new outfit
-30 lbs: spa treatment
-40 lbs: coach purse

I do have more than 40 pounds to lose, but I think that's a good amount to lose while doing this diet.  The rest of the weight is going to have to come off with healthy eating habits, lots of water and exercise.  Like I said, I can't do this diet forever, it's just too strict for me, but it's a step in the right direction.  Hopefully I can be successful in this and not give up before I reach the end goal of this diet. 

Cheers to another new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment