Thursday, February 3, 2011

Blame it on...ME

So, the hubs got locked out of the house today by Kaitlyn.  He apparently leaves the kids in the house and loads up his work stuff and daycare stuff into the car.  BTW, Kaitlyn is 3 and Tyler is 1.  Kaitlyn decided it would be a good idea to latch the sliding lock, the kind of lock you find on public bathroom doors, while he was taking things to the car and she couldn't figure out how to get it unlocked.  He tried to come in through the front door, but again, the bar on that door was locked as well.  We have a security bar on our slider so there is no way in hell that he will be coming in through the slider.  I guess he resorted to taking the hinges off the door, but even then he couldn't manage to get the door opened.  Finally after 30 minutes and before he decided to break the door, Kaitlyn figured out how to unlock the door.  I'm sure she got in big trouble and he's going to drive the point of never touching the door or lock for the next month because that's how he rolls.  He calls me and tells me what happened.  Then, get this, he blames...ME!  Yes, it's my fault that he got locked out of the house!  Because I locked the latch on the front door at night, so no one can break into our house while we sleep, and I didn't unlatch it in the morning before I left for work (which I NEVER do) he got locked out of the house.  Not that he made a bad decision to load stuff into the car first instead of children, not that he should unlatch the door while he's letting the dog out, not that he should have had this talk with Kaitlyn about not touching the door or locks, but because I didn't unlatch the door.  Ok, from now on I'll unlatch the door, along with my bazillion other things I have to do because he doesn't pull his weight around the house, so he doesn't get locked out of the house ever again.

No comments:

Post a Comment