Thursday, December 30, 2010

January Birthdays

I just realized that Tyler will be one NEXT Friday!  How the hell did that happen?  I really need to get on my horse and get Tyler and Kaitlyn's birthday party planned.  It's in two weeks because we are doing a joint birthday party because we have so many out-of-town family members and it's not fair making them drive down twice in one month, especially since that month is right after Christmas.  We'll probably do joint parties until the kids start to have their friends come over for their parties and then I'll start to do them separately. 

I am going to do a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse theme for them because Kaitlyn is absolutely in love with that show and it's boy friendly too so it all works out well.  I'll mostly decorate with balloons and streamers.  I'm not going overboard like some people do with their kids birthday parties.  My family won't care about decorations anyway.  They'll just be interested in the food.  I am going to do tex mex food with my crock pot chicken tacos as the main course.  Maybe I'll do a black bean soup or chicken tortilla soup in my nice new crock pot I got for Christmas.  I'll have to get one of those little crock pots for queso or a warm spinach and artichoke dip.  Of course I'll have Jerry make his guacamole or my mom will go bat shit crazy.  Everyone loves his guacamole so it's a definite must. 

I'll get their cake from Publix because I know they do a Clubhouse cake and they also do a free smash cake for first birthdays.  They do a really good job with decorating cakes and they taste great too.  I'll get a vanilla cake with strawberry filling because Kaitlyn said she wanted a strawberry cake and she wanted a vanilla cake for Tyler and that will be the perfect combination for her.

We're going to get them a wagon for their gift.  It'll be easier to pull to the park than pushing the stroller.  The stroller takes up the whole sidewalk and I fell bad when people have to walk in the grass just to let us pass.  it will also be easier at Halloween when they are both trick-or-treating.  I haven't decided what smaller things we will get them since they are still overwhelmed by all the stuff they got for Christmas.  Maybe we'll just get the wagon and some clothes.  They didn't get a whole lot of clothes for Christmas and can always use more.

I have so much to do and so little time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment