Thursday, May 3, 2012

Stupid Septic System

I am really hating my septic system right now.  We have a clog somewhere in our pipes, but I cannot, for the life of me find it.  It's so gross too because the sewage is backing up into both our showers.  It's worse in the master bath so I'm thinking that it's the master toilet that is clogged, although it flushes just fine and the other bathroom toilet is the one flushing a little slowly right now. 

I got brave last night and decided to snake the main drain to see if I could loosen anything and get things flowing.  I sent the whole thing in and didn't meet with any kind of resistance, although it seemed to clear up the main bath shower.  I've used two bottles of commercial grade draino, ridex, and a homemade remedy that usually works and still nothing.  I'm going to go to the store today and get some of that foam that you shoot down the drain and a new plunger to see if that does anything.

I'm at a lose right now because Jerry is in California so he's not here to fix it and I really don't want to spend a million dollars on a plumber to come out.  I can't exactly give two kids a bath or take a shower myself and that is so frustrating.  It poured last night so I couldn't even go over to my mom's house to use their showers.  Hopefully the weather cooperates and it doesn't rain tonight so if we are still having issues we can just go over there and get cleaned up.

This is the only thing I hate about not living withing the city limits.  I hate septic systems and I'm paranoid that we're going to have to call someone out to come drain the damn thing and have to shell out a lot of money for them to come out and ruin our yard.  I also hate that I can't send stuff down my disposal or the washing machine drain line freaks out.  It's just super frustrating and one more reason that I'm mad we were rushed into buying a house because our landlord was so freaking worried about rent money.  (Just makes me kind of glad that his first tenants skipped out on him after only a few weeks.)

No comments:

Post a Comment