Thursday, February 2, 2012

Fat Flush

About 6 days ago, Jerry and I started the Fat Flush diet.  Basically it's a detox diet and the first phase lasts two weeks and you are supposed to get dramatic results.  Of course we wanted to do this because two weeks is a drop in the bucket and we were going to get big results.  The diet is pretty strict.  You have to cut out all carbs, including veggie friendly ones like peas, carrots, sweet potatoes, corn, etc.  You also have to cut out all sugar, salt, fat, caffeine and dairy.  Also not allowed, beans of any kind.  So what can you eat?  Plenty.  The first, and most important thing, is to increase your intake of water.  Not just any kind of water though; cran-water.  What is cran-water?  It's 4 ounces of UNSWEETENED cranberry juice and 28 ounces of purified/filtered water.  You have to get 64 ounces a day.  I supplement with regular filtered water throughout the day because even though I'm getting more than normal, I still feel thirsty all the time.  You also have to increase your protein.  You can have 2 eggs, 2 scoops of whey protein (sugar and lactose free), and at least 8 ounces of lean protein; chicken, turkey, lean beef, seafood, lamb and tofu or tempeh.  (You can only have two servings of tofu a week.)  Then you can have two servings of fruit a day limited to 1 small apple, 1 small orange, 1 pear, 1 peach, 1/2 grapefruit, or 1 cup of any berry.  Veggies are unlimited and include broccoli, peppers (green, yellow, red), yellow squash, onions, mushrooms, artichokes, spinach, cabbage, water chestnut, sprouts, romaine lettuce, kale, chard, leeks, and one carrot a day.  (I'm sure I'm leaving off some veggies you can have but those are the ones I've eaten so far.)  Then there are other things you can have like limited types of spices, cayenne, turmeric, cumin, cinnamon, ginger, garlic, and you have to take two servings of flax oil and some supplements and don't forget the lemon water you have to drink hot before you eat breakfast.  It's a very time consuming diet and it does become ritualistic eventually.  There are parts that are hard, like I am constantly preparing food or water so I have no time to myself.  I also got really dizzy the 5th day (yesterday) and had to have an extra protein shake to feel better.  I am tired all the time and running is taking a lot more out of me than it usually does because I can't fuel my body with carbs.  I've also been tracking my calories and am getting nowhere near the 1200 daily allotment that you get with this diet, which may attribute to the fact that I was tired and really woozy yesterday.  I'm going to add an extra protein shake mid afternoon so that should remedy that problem.  You get plenty to eat if you like veggies, which I do, so there is no problem of feeling hungry for me.  So far, in 6 days, I have lost a total of 9lbs.  The first few days I was losing a pound a day, but right now I'm averaging about a pound and a half to two a day.  I think I'm losing it mostly in my butt and thighs because that's where my pants are getting loose.  My goal for the end of this diet is to drop one pant size, which is totally doable because I was almost there on my own, I just had a muffin top with the next size down.  I'm pretty excited to be losing all this weight, but I'm also ready to be done and get back to some normal, HEALTHY, eating habits.  (Also normal cooking habits, because cooking two meals a night is not fun!)

No comments:

Post a Comment