Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Fat Flush Finish

So I am done with the two week Fat Flush and I must say that I am a little disappointed.  I was really excited when I wrote this post, but I must have jinxed myself when I hit publish because I did not lose anymore weight after that day.  I'm really not sure what happened because I followed that detox pretty much to the letter.  If I did anything wrong, it was that I wasn't getting enough calories during the day.  I always ended the day with about four to five hundred calories left to eat so my only thought is that my body went into starvation mode therefore the weight was not going to go anywhere.  I did lose an inch, but I was pretty hopeful that I would lose much more than that. 

I did do some before and after photos and I can definitely see a difference, so that's a major plus in my book.  I can also feel it in how my pants fit.  I'm not quite down another size like I had hoped, but I'm definitely closer than I was when I started. 

Right now I am eating normally, as in I'm not doing phase 2.  There is no way that I can continue on with eating bland food anymore.  I need flavor!  I'm just hoping that eating the right foods, in the right amount and exercising will help me continue to lose weight.  I'm also using My Fitness Pal religiously to track my calories and my exercise and I make sure I'm under my allotment for the day.  (Just an FYI, My Fitness Pal is projecting me to lose 10lbs in 5 weeks if I continue eating and exercising like I have been so I'm pretty excited about that.)

My husband, who also did the flush, lost a total of 16lbs.  Now, I don't monitor him at work, but the first day off the flush he says he gained back 4lbs.  I do have to say that while on the flush we were both limited to 1200.  Now that he's off, he can have 2000 which will lead to him losing 2lbs a week.  I am limited to 1300 which is close to the calorie limit for the flush and is why I believe I have maintained my weight loss.  (I don't get 1300 a day, I usually have a few hundred leftover after I run.)

I'm glad we did the flush, although at about day 4 & 5 we were snapping so badly at each other, because it shows that we can do this IF we put our minds to it.  It also gives me the jump start I needed to continue with my weight loss.  I'm also going to keep doing some of the things from the flush like drinking at least 64oz of water, eating at least 2 fruits a day and loading up on the veggies.  I also like having smoothies for breakfast because they are so yummy and keep me full for a long time, especially with the added protein powder. 

I'm going to keep up with my couch to 5K program for now and may add in a morning run if I hit a plateau again and need another jump start.  Hopefully this will be enough to keep me eating healthy and exercising regularly.

No comments:

Post a Comment