Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Half Moon Bay

Oh sweet baby Jesus!  In just a few short days, I will be hopping on a plane and flying across the US to Half Moon Bay!  I am so excited.  Did I mention it's a sponsored trip by my hubby's company and we didn't have to pay a dime?  We also get to expense all our meals and any other activities we decide to do.  This is probably my favorite perk of my husband's job.

My parents are going to watch Kaitlyn and Tyler for the weekend because they're nice like that.  (It also helps that my hubby took my dad on his trip to Aruba since I couldn't go.  He owes us for that one.)  Peanut is going to stay at the spa vet so we have no worries while we'll be gone.

We are staying at the Ritz Carlton at Half Moon Bay.  If it's even half as good as the Ritz at North Star, which my hubs says it's even better, then I will be one happy girl.  The first night we get there we'll have a cocktail hour and dinner to attend, but the rest of the night is ours to spend as we want.  The second day we'll take a trip to Napa and get tour wine country!  Last time we went to San Fransisco, we were supposed to stop in Napa, but I found out I was pregnant with Kaitlyn so that trip was pointless.  We'll spend half the day in Napa and the rest of the day is on our own so we'll probably go to the Wharf and grub on some dungeness crab.  Yum!  The third day Jerry signed us up for massages and let me tell you I can't wait.  I got one at North Star and it was the bomb.  Their spa is magnificent with saunas, hot tubs, cold showers, hot showers, lotion rooms and lounging areas.  There is an evening dinner planned and I know those girls know what I like to eat and the food at the Ritz is ALWAYS so delicious.  We have the early flight back home on Monday so we can get back with enough time to pick the kiddos up from daycare.  Three days away is really enough for me.  Any longer and then I start to get homesick and start to miss my babies.

I'm so glad I get to go on this trip because I missed out on Aruba.  I also really need this break from work because these last two weeks have been hell because of this computer based testing we've been trying to get through.  I'm going to be getting my (free) drink on, but I'll be good enough so that I don't embarrass my hubby in front of some of his best clients.

Now I need to figure out how I get on that Beaver Creek trip so I can get my snowboarding on again.

No comments:

Post a Comment