Sunday, September 4, 2011

Beach Babies

I have a couple of beach babies on my hands.  It makes sense since we do live in Florida and we are surrounded by beaches on all sides.  We live on a peninsula, on a peninsula...if that makes any sense at all.  Jerry and I have only taken Kaitlyn to the beach once when she was like 17 months old and although we had fun, it was more trouble than it was worth.  My mom wanted to take the kids to the beach last night after dinner and I agreed.  I thought we were just going to let the kids play on the playground and get some ice cream after, but she wanted to take them down to the water.  I didn't bring their bathing suits, but I did bring a change of clothes.  Good thing too because Kaitlyn was standing in the waves and  Tyler ran at her full force and knocked her down.  Of course he didn't get wet, but she was soaked.  Nothing I could do so we took Tyler's diaper off so he wouldn't have a ten pound diaper on him.  They had a blast and kept running towards the waves as they went out and ran away from them as they came in.  It wore their little butts out too because they both crashed as soon as I put them in bed and Kaitlyn even slept in till 8!

After shopping all day at the outlet mall in Ellenton today, I wanted to treat my mom to dinner since it is her birthday.  I also wanted to get the kids to the beach again, so we ate at a local seafood restaurant on the beach.  This time I brought the kids' bathing suits and towels and my mom brought her little beach chairs.  The kids loved it again and threw the biggest fits as we left.  It made me realize that we need to do it more often so they know that they'll get to come back whenever we want to.  It's nicer to go during the evening because it's cooler and not as crowded, even for a holiday weekend.  I can't wait till next weekend when I force Jerry to go to the beach with me and the kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment