Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thanksgiving Hostess

For the second year in a row, I hosted Thanksgiving dinner.  I definitely felt a little more pressure to cook the perfect dinner this year than I did last and I'm  not sure why.  We really only added one more person...I don't count the little people that tag along :)  I know I was way more stressed out about it because I got a migraine on Saturday of all was said and done.  (I'm still suffering from the after affects.) 
We had a great dinner and the food was delicious.  I didn't get much in the leftover department because my mom stole most of the leftovers.  I didn't fight too hard because my family does not do leftovers and hers does.  The kids had a blast playing with their cousins even though poor Tyler was once again surrounded by girls.
I didn't do any Black Friday shopping, mostly because I'm not crazy and not willing to be out there with some real psychos just to save a few bucks.  I did look to see if Toys R Us was having a deal on Power Wheels because that is what "Santa" is bringing for the kids, but I didn't find any worth the trouble.  I'm not against saving money, but trust me, deals stick around through New Years so why fight traffic and seriously crazy people the day after I've experience the worst food coma in the history of the world.
I've mad a commitment to myself that next year I'll be running in our local Turkey Trot so I have to start training now.  I'm on week 4 of the couch to 5K program so it shouldn't be too hard.  I have suddenly developed a strong like to running.  I wouldn't say I love it yet, but I do really like it and try to get out everyday and I never look for excuses to miss a day of running, so that's in my favor.
All-in-all it was great to feast with family and get rave reviews about my cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment