Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Spring Break

Spring break was some much needed time off from work.  It was also some much needed time to spend with my babies so we pulled them out of daycare.  (It didn't hurt that we also took vacation from daycare and saved $400 that week.)  Jerry was in Vegas for the first part of the week and then I went to meet him in Tahoe for the weekend.

It would have been a marvelous spring break but it rained the entire time I was home which ruined my plans to spend every waking minute outside with the kids.  It was too cold to do water table, even though I did let them splash around after Kaitlyn begged me for the millionth time.  It was too wet to do sidewalk chalk and sit outside to eat our snacks at their cute little Toy Story umbrella table I bought special for spring break.  Kaitlyn and I did get to play with her new play-doh set she got for Christmas while Tyler was napping so that's a plus.  We spent a lot of time snuggling under the blankets on the couch watching the Disney version of Robin Hood over and over and over.  That girl LOVES her some Robin Hood.  She can pretty much recite the entire movie word for word and recreates the pretend fight scene between Lady Clucky and Skippy all.the.time.  (Yeah, that's how much we watch the movie; I know the name of the chicken and the little bunny.) 

Thursday night my cousin came in to town to help watch the kids on Friday and Saturday while I was in Tahoe with Jerry for the weekend.  My mom and dad watched them on Sunday.  My mom took them to daycare Monday morning and we picked them up Monday afternoon.  I was kind of nervous with leaving the kids with my cousin, only because she's never really been fully responsible for any kids for any amount of time.  I had to teach her how to change a diaper and prayed my whole trip that Tyler would wait for my mother to come home before he pooped.  She's great with my kids and she loves them to death and I was comforted by the fact that my parents are only 5 house away and my mom would get off of work in a heartbeat if there was an emergency.  Of course it helps that Kaitlyn LOVES her some "Windsey" and I left before either kid woke up in the morning to avoid a meltdown.

Tahoe was beautiful!  We got to stay at the Ritz Carlton at Northstar courtesy of Jerry's company.  It was a reward for a contest that his company sponsored for the resellers that he works with.  Let me tell you his company was out to impress!  We were all wined and dined and hopefully the resellers were impressed enough to look out for more of these contests in the future.  There were multiple excursions for everyone to enjoy: skiing/snowboarding, spa, snowmobile tour, snowshoe tour, etc.  We chose to snowboard the first day and get the hour massage the second day.  Originally we were going to board both days, but we were WAY too sore to go down the mountain the second day.  It had been 5 years since we last boarded and let's just say we were VERY much beginners this time around.  (Although I do have to say I improved my boarding skills by about 80% from the last time I went.)  Tahoe is beautiful and I'm so glad that we had the opportunity to go courtesy of his company because we can not even dream of affording a trip like that right now. 

Even though I had a lot of fun on the trip, I was very happy to get my babies.  I missed them so much!  They grew on me too!  Kaitlyn is at least a half inch taller, even her teacher noticed her growth, and Tyler looks like a little man with his new haircut.  It's nice to get away, but it's so much nicer to get back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment