Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter

We had such a great Easter.  It was really fun because both kids were able to participate in the egg hunt.  I'm hoping for all the little cousins to be able to come down and have a huge egg hunt like we did back in the day.  I seriously have so many memories of eggs hunts with my cousins...maybe another post.

Kaitlyn came into our room around 7:15 and just stared at me from my side of the bed.  (It was kinda creepy when I opened my eyes and there she was just staring at me.)  I told her to come up on the bed so I could get more sleep snuggle with her.  She jumped in between me and Jerry and flipped and flopped until I couldn't take it anymore.  We went and got Tyler and I made french toast for breakfast.

Then we took the kids into the playroom and opened Easter baskets.  They were stoked to say the least.  I've never seen Tyler try to hold so many things in his little hands before.  He didn't want to put any of it down for a second.  Kaitlyn was over the moon excited when she saw her bath tub Ariel doll.  She wanted to play with it right then but I told her to wait till we got in the pool.

We colored eggs after baskets because I am a horrible very busy working mommy.  Kaitlyn really dug it but the fun didn't last that long because we only colored a dozen eggs.  (I can only eat so many egg salad sammies.)  As we let the eggs dry, I got them dressed in their Easter outfits and tried to take pictures of them...fail.  I got a few pictures, but nothing that I'm going to frame any time soon.

Then we let the kids hunt their eggs that the Easter bunny hide for them.  Kaitlyn was super excited and ran from egg to egg screaming "I found one!"  Tyler kept opening every egg he picked up instead of putting it in his basket so he lost a few jelly beans to the ants.  He didn't care what was in the eggs, he just wanted to open them.  We opened all the eggs after the hunt, Tyler's most favorite part.  He would shake them, then open them.  Cutest thing ever. 

We swam before nap so we could get the kids good and tired.  Nap time was a little longer for Kaitlyn and a lot longer for Tyler.  They hated the brisket that we had for lunch even though it was the best brisket ever!  I guess they prefer hot dogs and spaghetti...eh what do they know? 

My brother got his first start for FSU baseball as the DH.  He was 1-4 but he scored the go ahead run on a sac fly.  He also got a second sac fly RBI and the K he got was total BS because the ball was literally outside and at his ankles.  He's 6'3"...he's not swinging at the low ones.  He was so excited and you could really see that he was happy. 

All-in-all it was a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment