Tuesday, March 1, 2011

C25K

So I decided that I need to stop being fat and that I need to start getting healthy.  (Notice I did not say skinny.)  I changed my eating habits and doing that alone I dropped 10 lbs.  It most certainly is not enough, but it is a very good beginning.

I am not an exercise person.  I loathe exercise.  I feel that I could be spending my time doing other things like playing with my children, cleaning my house, crafting, etc.  Of course I could be doing those other things instead of exercising, but I NEED to exercise.  I need to do it because I'll be able to play with my children and keep up with them.  I'll be able to clean my house and not get winded cleaning the tub.  I'll be able to craft with a clear head and won't be falling asleep in the hot glue.

I decided that running is the best way for me to get healthy.  I don't want to pay for a gym membership that I'll use for maybe two weeks and then stop going because it's a pain in the ass to get to said gym.  I don't really have enough room in my house to do videos, and really videos get old after awhile.  I can just throw on a t-shirt, shorts and running shoes and I can just hit the pavement.  Problem is, I am NOT a runner.  I hate running.  When I was in school and we had to run a timed mile, I walked the whole thing every year.  It was the easy thing to do and I tend to stick with easy all the time.  I've heard lots of good things about Couch to 5K and decided to download the app to my phone. 

So far? I am in LOVE!  You turn on the app and are good to go.  You just have to make sure you are on the correct day and week.  Music from my Ipod is played through the app so I don't have to switch back and forth, I can just cycle through songs from the app.  The nice robotic lady voice tells you when to run and when to walk and when you're half way done and also when you have a minute left.  Isn't she nice?

The only thing I don't like about the program is there are only 3 days in each week.  I know that I'm the type of person who doesn't do it every day I'll find excuses to not do it at all.  I decided to just do each day twice so that I'm out there running.  It also will help me when it gets harder.  I'll be used to running and I won't want to give up so easily.  It's only 30 minutes a day so I can do it right after I put the kids to bed and not be running in the pitch black dark of the night.  I think that when I'm better at running then I'll try to drag my ass out of bed at 5:30 in the AM and try running to start my day.  Usually me and morning workouts don't well, work out.

I really feel like I'll be successful with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment