Friday, June 25, 2010

Kids Really do Say the Darndest Thing

Kaitlyn is the funniest child on the planet.  (Remember, I am a lot little biased.)  She has been picking up the funniest sayings and will actually use them in the correct situation.  Like when I was telling her something the other day and she said "you said it sister!"  I about died laughing.  She will also watch my brother play Guitar Hero and tell him he rocks at the end of a song, or she'll ask him to rock out again.  She's a little comedian too; she really is because she tells knock, knock jokes.  Her favorite one goes like this:  "Knock, knock.  Who's there?  Orange.  Orange who?  Orange you gonna let me in?  It's hot out here!"  She enjoys running around the house making up her own words to the tune of Twinkle, twinkle or Row, row, row your boat.  She even made up a song to the tune of the Indiana University fight song.  (Yes she can sing the whole fight song by herself too.)  She yells giddy-up horsey and then tries to ride our Chihuahua Peanut.  (He's part Terrier too, so don't think he's this frail little 6 lb shaky dog.)  She makes me laugh every minute of the day.  Sometimes it is hard to discipline her because she is so damn funny.  Like when I was cooking the other day and I put a dessert I made on the dining room table.  I was on the phone with Jerry and I noticed Kaitlyn was sitting on the chair and she was eating the dessert.  I told her to stop eating the dessert and to get down from the table and she replied "but I thought you WANTED me to eat this."  Whose child says this?  Oh yea, mine.  I could go on and on.  Maybe one day I'll catch her doing something funny and will post the video here.

No comments:

Post a Comment