Friday, November 19, 2010

Thanksgiving Break

One of the BEST things about being a teacher are the breaks.  We don't get as many as most people think, but it's more than the average worker gets so I guess that's why they think we get so much time off.  A lot of teachers will still work of course because there are always papers to grade, parents to call, lessons to be planned, etc., but it is a time where we can slow down and procrastinate a little and not stress out that we didn't grade those projects before the grading period ends.

I will be spending this entire break with my kids.  I'm pulling them out of daycare for a week and we are going to have FUN!  Since the weather is nice I plan on spending a lot of time at the park and outside.  There is a new park down the street from our house and I want to check it out with my kiddos.  I can't wait to spend some real time with them.

I'm also hosting Thanksgiving for my family for the first time ever.  I'm not nervous like most first timers are because I can cook a damn fine turkey and it's only my parents and brother and sister.  There is no pressure to be fancy at all because my family likes the traditional, plain Jane Thanksgiving dinner.  I'm really looking forward to cooking this year and taking that burden off my mom who has to work on Wednesday.

I'm so looking forward to the start of my break!  I may have to cut out early ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment