Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Diez!

This is just a few days late.  I didn't realize that Tyler turned 10 months old over the weekend.

Tyler is 10 months old today!  I am so close to having a toddler in the house again.  This time, I think I got my payback for the torture I put my mother through, although I still don't have it as bad as my mom did.  Tyler is into EVERYTHING.  He is constantly on the go.  I can't even change his diaper without him flipping around trying to crawl towards the next thing he shouldn't be playing with.  Man is this kid strong too. 

He's not really doing anything new this month.  He's still crawling like a maniac all through the house and really prefers this method travel to cruising.  He pulls himself up with ease, but would rather plop down on his butt and crawl than cruise to an object that he wants.  He is tall enough though that we have to be very careful of where we put things.  He will pull things off the dining room table that are less than two inches from the edge of the table.  He knocks over drinking glasses trying to reach them much to the delight of Peanut who is always looking for human food and drink.  He has slimmed down a lot since he's really started to crawl, so I think he will be walking about the same time Kaitlyn did.

He's not too big on the paci anymore, which is not a huge shock because he never was crazy about it in the first place.  He did use it to go to sleep or to nap, but now he doesn't even really use it for that.  He likes to chew on it and then pull it out of his mouth and then use it as a projectile.

He still only has 6 teeth.  Four on the top and two on the bottom.  He knows how to use them too.  I'm afraid he's going to be a biter when he gets to the toddler room at daycare.

He pretty much eats anything I put in front of him.  He'll eat any kind of vegetable or fruit, so I'm trying lots of different things now that I'm making his food.  He's also starting to really take to finger foods and feeding himself.  It's so cute to watch him with his little pincer grasp putting things in his mouth.  Right now he's feeding himself cheese, cheerios, puffs, raisins and those Gerber veggie snacks.  I'll start to add cooked veggies and cut up fruit to the mix soon.

He still babbles the same words, da da, ba ba, and the common baby gibberish that doesn't mean anything.  He knows what things are and understands what I am saying, but he absolutely refuses to communicate.  I'm going to have to intensify my verbal communication with him and really start to do more signing with him, which means I'm going to have to learn more signs. 

His favorite thing to do right now is put smaller objects into larger ones.  He'll spend hours putting blocks in his sorter.  I leave the top off of it so he doesn't get frustrated with trying to fit a circle into a square hole.  I just love the fact that he's learning that smaller objects will fit in big ones.  He's even really good with the nesting cups which is something Kaitlyn wasn't even interested in with until she was much older. 

He's also into this new, really gross thing now as well.  He'll crawl toward Peanut with his mouth open wide and sit down practically on top of him and let Peanut lick the inside of his mouth.  He thinks it's the funniest thing in the world, but it grosses me out and gets Peanut in a lot of trouble.  It makes me ill thinking that Peanut might have just licked his butt then stuck his tongue down my son's throat.  *shivers, gags*

No comments:

Post a Comment