Friday, July 2, 2010

SAHM STFU!

Yeah, you heard me.  Stop your bitching!  If I hear one more SAHM (stay at home mommy) whine about how their lives are so hard and their job never ends and how they have to keep a clean house and cook dinner and fulfill the needs of their husbands I will post hateful comments on their blogs until they want to quit blogging!  (Or ban me from commenting.)  You CHOSE to stay at home with your kid(s).  SUCK IT UP!  Yes, it is hard; I get that, I know because I am a mommy too.  However I don't complain about the endless diaper changes, runny noses, doctors appointments, etc, etc.  That's what I'm supposed to do because I am a mommy!  It's my JOB along with my full-time JOB as a teacher.  Would I like to stay at home with my children full-time?  Of course I would, but I also like going to work and helping other people's children as well.  I don't knock SAHM at all.  It's what some of them dreamed of doing their whole lives.  It works for them and their family.  But seriously, quit whining about it.

Also, just because your husband is the sole bread winner in your family does NOT mean that he gets a free pass to do nothing when he comes home.  He signed up for being a husband and father as much as you signed up for being a mom and a wife.  Jerry works full-time while I stay at home with the kids during summer and he still has to do his share of the housework, plus spend time with his children.  He knows that I work just as hard as he does, it's just a different kind of work.  Nothing changes because I'm home with the kids.  (Well, I cook now because I have more time to prepare a fancy dinner instead of our usual 30 minute meals.)  If your husband doesn't pitch in then that just proves that one or both of you doesn't believe that being a SAHM is work.  The proof is in the pudding people.

And also, don't complain about all the free stuff you get for doing reviews and give-a-ways on your blog.  That just makes you look like an ungrateful snob. 

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a diaper to change and a nose to wipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment