Wednesday, July 28, 2010

House Hunters

So, we have decided to join the world of home ownership.  I am so excited!  I have been wanting to own my own home for quite some time, but we were definitely not ready until  now.  We moved around a lot when we first started living together because we were always looking for a better apartment.  We didn't buy in Colorado because we didn't know how long we would be there.  We are now tired of paying rent that is more than what we can get a mortgage for, so there really is no reason for us not to buy right now, especially with the housing market the way it is.

I am now addicted to the Home and Garden channel.  Jerry is too BTW.  I love House Hunters!  I know that we will look at waaaaaaaaaaaay more than three houses.  I anticipate looking at at least 50 before we find the one that is in the neighborhood, is livable and in the right price range.  I also like watching Designed to Sell to get ideas for our home.  This is supposed to be our starter home so we might at well look at resell value while we're at it.  The house we buy is probably going to need a lot of updating, but that's the price we're going to have to pay to live in the neighborhood we want for the price we need.

We are working with a fantastic mortgage guy who has gotten loans for a good number of people in my family.  He also happens to be a licensed realtor so that a big plus.  He also went to Purdue University which means he's an Indiana boy which means he scored a lot of points with Jerry.  We have about 11 properties that we want to look at and we have 4 scheduled appointments today so I'm excited that we are actually moving forward with this.  Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment