Friday, June 8, 2012

Still Unknown

Remember when I wrote this post and I was pretty confident that I would soon find out what I would be doing next year?  Yeah, I still don't know.  I do know what I will not be doing next year and it's a little maddening.  I know that I will not be at my current school as either a coach or a teacher.  I knew that I wouldn't be returning as a coach, but I thought I had the option of going back as a teacher.  I figured that since they needed two teachers, an IB and a regular Biology teacher, that I would be able to slip in as the second biology teacher.  We, because of a unit shortage, they will be combining the IB and regular Biology positions...major suckage for me.  I think that they also filled the positions at my old school, although I haven't really checked on that one yet. 

There was a second option that I was really interested in as a math/science support position for the area superintendents.  I thought that I would be given some thought as I had experience in both math and science this year, but again I was wrong.  Those positions were filled last week and I'm really bummed to say the least. 

A third option is to be the K-12 Science Instructional Staff Developer for the district.  I don't know what exactly I would be doing and no idea who one of my supervisors would be.  (They are interviewing for those positions some time next week.)  Not knowing the exact job description or who will be my supervisor makes me kind of nervous for this particular position.

I guess that I'm kind of preparing myself to go back in to the classroom.  It's not my top choice, but it's one that I'm definitely ok with.  I really feel like I have a bigger impact on teaching and learning in my current position.  If I can change the practice of a few teachers, it's involves many more students than I could have impacted as a classroom teacher. 

The thing that scares me the most about not knowing at this point is that today is my last day of working this school year.  I really wanted to know before this school year was over, but alas that will not be happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment