Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Enjoying My Time Off

I'm half way through my first whole week of summer break and I'm loving it!  I love the extra time I'm spending with my kids and not having to be in such a rush in the morning to get to work.  We went to the mall playground on Monday and did chalk and rode bikes in the afternoon.  Tuesday we went to the park and to Target.  I forgot to take Kaitlyn to karate in my haste to get the kids to the park, oops!  This morning we did Play-doh outside, but our afternoon plans of swimming were ruined by rain, so we drew pictures instead.  Tomorrow I think we'll go to the beach, and I'm not sure what we are going to do on Friday.  I'd like to get the kids to Sea World or Busch Gardens sometime next week and I think they will absolutely love that.  I also need to take them to the new (ok, so it's not that new) children's museum in Tampa. 

I'm also cooking a lot more fresh foods from scratch because I am not dog tired from waking up so early in the morning to get to work by 6:30.  I'm pretty much following my menu planning which is saving us money.  I don't have to worry about 30 minutes meals because I have all the time in the world right now to take my time.  Needless to say the hubs is also loving summer break. 

I'm able to work out twice a day, so hopefully that will help out with the weight loss roller coaster that I've been on for the past year.  I run in the morning and do the 30 Day Shred at night.  I can already see a huge increase in my stamina, so hopefully I'm on the right track. 

I finally got my job assignment for next year.  It wasn't my first, or second, choice, but I think it will work out ok.  It's definitely going to be a huge change for me so I really don't want to put too much thought into it right now because it gives me tons of anxiety. 

I love summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment