Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Tie Your Tubes

I will NEVER understand why some people who have children constantly complain about being a mom and how hard it is.  I especially hate it when women who choose to stay at home complain about being a mom.  Can we say WTF?  This burns me to no end.  If you hate staying at home with your child, then get a freaking job!  Put them in daycare.  They would be much better off since you hate spending so much time with them in the first place.  If you are counting down the minutes to nap time/bed time, then you either need to A) put your kids up for adoption, B) run to the nearest doctor and have them write a prescription for you so you can just go through the motions without feeling anything or C) get yourself a job and put your kids in daycare.  If you hate parenting so much then I suggest you go with option A or B.

I hate when people constantly complain about being a parent.  I'm not talking about the occasional rant about how you have to fight with your kids to eat their veggies, or thanking God that it's bedtime because it has been a rough day.  I'm talking about people who throw parties when their child is sleeping or go to stay the night at grandma's house on a daily basis.  I understand that parenting is hard.  I have those days too.  There is no instruction manual on how to prevent a tantrum because you didn't put in the right hair bow, or you didn't let little girl flush the toilet and say bye bye to the pee pee.  But people, what the hell did you expect?  It's not always ponies and ice cream.  Didn't your mother wish upon you all the terror that you brought to her?  I know my mom did.  She still tells stories about how I ran rampant through her house and destroyed things Tasmanian devil style.  She still insists that's the reason she waited 11 years before she had another baby because she needed that much time to recover from the damage done by hurricane Christy.  She almost made me think that I was going to birth the spawn of Satan because you know, that's how karma works.  (BTW, I ended up with two children that everyone is jealous of.)  My mom is still waiting for my children to start with the head spinning and pea soup projectile vomiting. 

So in order to save myself from the tireless ranting of "How I Hate My Children" I'm going to do some unfriending on Facebook and some unfollowing of a certain mommy blogger.

No comments:

Post a Comment