Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Letter Hooks

I found these wooden letters with hooks on them and thought they would be perfect in Kaitlyn's room...with a little help of course.

They started out like this:


And ended up like this:




I got the letters from Michael's in the dollar section.  Love me some dollar finds!  I took off the hooks first and spray painted them a deep plum color.  Then I painted the sides of the letters with a purple acrylic paint I had on hand from a mother's day project I did in May.  Then I traced the letters backwards on some scrapbook paper.  After I cut the letters out I modge podged the letters and put the paper letters on top.  I then coated the top of the letters with some more modge podge.  I liked them with just the paper but also thought they needed a little something more.  So I embellished them with some purple rick rack and some purple buttons.  I absolutely loved how they turned out and can't wait to put them up in Kaitlyn's room when it's all painted.

No comments:

Post a Comment